Thursday 24 June 2010

VIDEOTHUNDER INTERVIEWS BAMBATTA!

A Videothunder exclusive



VT: WHAT WAS IT LIKE WITH JHON LYODN?


AB: “It was fun, but he’s a crazy guy to deal with.”


VT: HIP HOP RADIO STATIONS?


AB: “You’ve still got these lousy jibe programmes on these so-called popular versions of radio stations. Most of these stations claim to be hip hop, or r&b stations, but when I go to them they can’t wait for me to leave because I’m like ‘˜you say you’re hip hop? Where’s your trip hop, Miami Bass, gogo, hiphouse, electro-funk hip hop, where’s your international flavour, where’s your Breakbeats, scratch Hip Hop? And they all shut up because they know they’re not truly playing, they’re just playing the Rap version of Hip Hop music.”


VT: KEEP MUSIC WITH MODERN?


AB: I love the way they keep changing; they keep going back and going forth and then back again. Artists should be able to jump wherever she or he wants to jump. Nobody knocked Rod Stewart when he wanted to make a record called ‘˜Do You Think I’m Sexy?’, nobody knocked Mick Jagger when he sang ‘˜I Miss You’.


VT: GLASGOW?


AB: It’s cool in Glasgow. There’s good drink there, but they drink and smoke too much.


VT: HIP HOB IN 90S?


AB: It was just funky music, basically. A lot of the times I play today, people look at me like ‘˜ why are you playing that?’ It’s old school music. These people listen to a lot of true school music, and not just hip hop… I think people like that true school sound because it’s more of a good feeling. It’s amazing to look at what music was in the 60s, with The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Sly (and the family stone) and James (Brown), and hearing music go from that to what it is now.

by Videothunder for Videothunder.

No comments: